‘Bowel Babe’ shares latest bowel cancer symptoms – 'A week ago my liver started to fail'
The campaign also asks people to be familiar with their bowel habits.
There are seven types of stools – 1-2 are signs of constipation, 3-4 are normal, and 5-7 indicate or diarrhoea or urgency:
1. Individual, hard lumps – sometimes hard to pass
2. Lumpy but formed together like a sausage
3. Cracked surface and sausage shaped
4. Smooth, soft and snake like (this is what you want)
5. Easy to pass, sharp edged blobs
6. Mushy, jagged edges
7. Watery and no substance